Great summary of questions, you should ask yourself on your Digital Marketing Strategy 2011:
Here are the 6 questions you should answer and then act on as soon as possible:
- Are you committed to a real strategy? ... Figure out how the digital channels can best serve your brand. The net result should be a focused strategy that is based on your overall business objectives, economic value to the organization and a tactical plan.
- Do you own your brand online? Make sure you own all of the right domain names for your business (and renew the ones that you currently have). ...
- Does your website suck? Avinash Kaushik, the analytics evangelist for Google and the bestselling author of Web Analytics - An Hour A Day and Web Analytics 2.0 says, "don't write cheques with Social Media that your websites can't cash." There has been such a focus on Social Media that many business websites look tired, out-of-date and lack many of the baseline functionality that consumers now expect. It may very well be time for a refresh or a complete overhaul of your website.
- Is your content up-to-date? Is your content representative of where your business is at in 2011? ... If you don't have profiles in some of the more popular online social networks, you should get started on populating your content there as well (it bodes well for making your business more findable).
- Is your website mobile? ... Mobile will quickly become more important than the Internet as we've known it to date.
- Are you findable? Are you shareable? ... Are you listening? Are you responding? Do you allow the content on your websites, Blogs, etc... to be shared in places like Facebook and Twitter with ease? Do you respond to the conversations about your brands and the industry you serve? ...
Great Questions. And even better: Not only focused on Social. Don't forget your web site. Make it relevant, social and mobile.