Mit diesem Posting will ich eine wöchentliche Kolumne eröffnen, in der ich Tweets, Beiträge und Artikel verlinke, die mich in der jeweils vergangenen Woche beeindruckt haben. | With this Posting I am starting a weekly column collecting and linking tweets, entries and articles, which did influence and impress me the week before.
But on her first week at the job, there was one difference. When it came time to reach out to company employees, Rometty decided to skip that staple of Sam Palimsano communications: the company-wide e-mail.
Instead, she made a video, outlining her priorities as leader, and posted it to Connections, the company’s Facebook-like internal social network.
This in fact is my key takeaway from 2011. That old business must evolve into Social Business. That companies need to be social internally and externally. That business leaders need to create and foster a culture of collaboration and transparency, without retribution. That social organizations outperform their non-social competitors. That rapid innovation is the key to future business success.
That is IBM.
- "SharePoint has often slowed down the move to more social tools for big companies in particular."- Social Business Predictions for 2012
- "Cultural change is required for Social. ... Transparency requires that permission is not required!"(@sandy_carter) - Top 12 in 2012 for Social Business! Powering New Year’s! « Social Media to Social Business
- Social Tools in 2011: From Consumer to Business - Simplicity is still key in social business success - CMSWire
Focus Web Experience
- What to Expect in 2012: Social media will be incorporated into corporate websites | Social Media Today
- B2B Websites Become the Ultimate Social Destination | Social Media B2B
- Ulrich Kampffmeyer zu Ordnung versus Chaos, ein Kommentar zu Records Management, Enterprise Search und Watson
- XING oder LinkedIn - Automatisierung, Konsolidierung oder Migration? - Martin Meyer-Gossner, The Strategy Web